Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Galactic Awesomeness

My kids, my son especially, are Star Wars fans, as am I, and as were my parents before me. Third generation Star Wars fans = pretty cool.

In honor of that love of all things spacey, robotic, and flying through the cosmos, I designed this hat:

Leia - Princess Buns Knit Hat in Cream


Leia Princess Buns Beanie Hat in Cream by Thoris Designs on Etsy

I tried making the buns modular by affixing them to the hat with large silver-tone safety pins the way I did the heart on the Napal Ear Flap Hat, but they were too droopy, even when you were wearing it, so I decided to stitch them to the body of the hat with yarn. I think it turned out nicely and I like that the shape of the buns isn't so much like Leia's hair from the movie, but you can definitely tell what it's supposed to be.

The Princess loves hers and I'll bet your princess would too (or even you;).

This hat, in this size and color, is currently in stock and ready to ship. But if you'd like it in a smaller or larger size or a different color, please contact me and I'll be happy to knit one up just for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin